Monday, March 28, 2011

ABS Challenge 13

Happy Monday!  Hope y'all enjoyed a great weekend!

We had a busy one, with swimming lessons, visits with friends, and some errands.  I've also been busy working on 2 sets of wedding invitations, so my card mojo was distracted for a few days.  I have them all nearly finished, so I decided to take a break from the monotony of hundreds of invitations to play in the Anita Be Stampin' Challenge!


I just recently got my hands on the new MME Stella & Rose collections, and HAD to use one for this card!  This adorable bear is from the set Love Bear.   I stamped him with Memento Tuxedo Black, then coloured him in with my copics.  I paper pieced the heart with some of the MME Stella & Rose Gertie paper, that I also used throughout the card.  The heart also has a couple coats of Clear Glaze to make it shine!  The circles were punched using my SU circle punches, and I used my MFT Jumbo Scallop Die-namic for the scallops.  The outside was finished off with some machine stitching!

Since I used my card making staple, Kraft paper, it will also be a fine submission for Jeannie's That's Krafty Thursday #49

On the inside I stamped the bear again, added some more of the Gertie paper, and some ribbon.  It was also finished off with some machine stitching.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps - Love Bear (Anita Be Stampin')
Paper - Kraft, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, My Minds Eye Stell & Rose Gertie
Other - Circle Punches (SU), Ribbon (SU), Sewing Machine, Copics

7 comments:

Lelia Pierce said...

This is absolutely adorable, Jessica! I love the paper choice and I have to say that the inside of the card is fab too! Way to go, doll! Thanks for playing along with us at Anita Be Stampin!

XXX

Tracy S said...

This is adorable! Love the paper piecing.. the paper choices over all and the way you did the inside is too stinkin cute!
Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at Anita Be Stampin!

Anita said...

Hi Jess- I am in love with what you did with this sketch! Plus, I am absolutely drooling over that yummy patterned paper. LOL Thanks so much for joining us at the Anita Be Stampin Challenge! :)

Brenda said...

Jessica, this is so darling! Love, love, love this design!! Love the finished inside of your card! Thanks for joining us this week at Anita Be Stampin!!

Rachel Hope said...

Awww, so sweet! Thanks for playing along at Anita Be Stampin!

Jen Shults said...

This is just adorable! I love the way you have the little bear stamped and I ADORE the way you did the inside!! Thanks for joining us at Anita Be Stampin' this week!

The Spotted Chick said...

Awwww, Jess it's SO CUTE! I just LOVE that bear! He's so sweet! I love these papers with him too. Oh and the inside is shear GENIUS!! You ROCK! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...