Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back In Gear...

well hopefully anyways! I have had great intentions of getting some cards made and posted, but it just hasn't happened! Maybe this week I can turn things around.

This is my very first card made using stamps from My Favorite Things....why have I waited so long! This is an A la Mode, Time to Celebrate. I just LOVE them!

The colour inspiration for this card is from the MFT Guest DT challenge on SCS, to use Rasperry, Lime Green, Aqua and a touch of Yellow. The Cosmo Cricket DeLovely paper works so perfectly with these colours, it was meant to be! The sketch is Jen del Muro's latest Sketch for You to Try!

I stamped this sweetheart with Memento Tuxedo Black, and coloured her in with my copics. I paper pieced the cake, and used Espresso Dimensional Pearls for the icing. I used the new Borderlicious set from Taylored Expressions for the faux stitching, and finished off the card with a button and some ribbon from my stash!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

Supplies
Stamps - Time to Celebrate (My Favorite Things), Borderlicious (Taylored Expressions); Paper - Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Choice Snow White, Cosmo Cricket DeLovely; Other - Nestabilities, Copics, Button, RIbbon, Espresso Dimensional Pearls, Twine

3 comments:

Laurie said...

This is soo cute! I love the icing and the stitching detail!

(We have the same last name! How crazy is that? I have never met another Willison that is not family!)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is simply adorable! You did such a wonderful job with Jen's sketch! I love the paper piecing and your patterned papers! :D

Cindy Haffner said...

ADORABLE!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...