Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blast from the Past

Good Morning!

Today is the first EVER Taylored Expressions Blog Hop. The theme....Blast from the Past!

If you've just stopped by, and would like to hop through ALL the wonderful blogs, start here at Taylor's Blog. If you have come from Monika's Blog, you are right on track!

For my card, I chose Beary Special. This is one of the sets that totally got me hooked on Taylored Expressions! I stamped the image 3 times on Choice Snow White cardstock, then coloured the straps, bear, and pocket of the backpack with copics. The other was stamped onto October Afternoon Cherry Hill DP, then cut out. Then I sponged some Yellow Ochre chalk ink around the edges of the circle. I had started out with full intentions of using Sankari's sketch, but it wasn't working for me, so I had to make some changes!

I am so excited to be a part of this hop! I can't wait to hop through all the other blogs!

Your next stop is Candace.

Have a great day!

Supplies
Stamp - Beary Special (Taylored Expressions)
Paper - Choice Snow White, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, October Afternoon Cherry Hill DP
Other - Nestabilities, Color Box Chalk Ink, Sponge, Copics, Groovy Guava Ribbon, Buttons


20 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Awww this is adorable! Love the touch of buttons, too!

Taylor said...

This is super cute, Jess! I love the paper pieced backpack!

Thanks for playing in our Blast from the Past blog hop!

Karen Motz said...

This is darling with the paper pieced backpack!!

Jen said...

So bright and cheery...love this stamp...one of my favs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Love the paper... the paper-pieced backpack... I've been wanting that set for ages. :o)

Jackie Pedro said...

Adorable! LOVE the dp! I used the same set! It's one of my all time fave's from Taylor!

TannyP said...

This was my first TE set and it hooked me, too! Awesome job!!

Jodi Collins said...

I LOVE this Jessica! The papers you used are one of my favs and are just PERFECT with this set!!! LOVE this!

Donna Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Baker said...

adorable card, Jessica! So glad you played in the hop with us!

Alex said...

Gorgeous Jessica!I love this little backpack - I have to try paper-pieceing it like you did!! LOVE this!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is one of my favorite sets, and you've made a precious card with it. I love the paper piecing of the backpack!

Karen Giron said...

I love this card! The little teddy in the backpack is precious and the layout is FAB!!

Unknown said...

This is SO cute, Jessica! Love the paper pieced backpack & adorable teddy bear!

Carolina said...

What an adorable card and the paper pieced backpack is too stinkin' cute. I'm so glad you were able to join the hop today!

Bonnie Lynn said...

How cute! Love that background and the backpack too.

Michelle L. said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the striped paper and backpack!

RiNNE said...

Cute card! Awesome paper piercing!

Jen Tapler said...

Too cute! Love the paper pieced backpack!

Clarissa said...

Hi Jessica,
I love the stamps set you have used. I really like the backpack and the bear hanging on it, and the designer papers are just gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...